A Question and Answer Post
1. Are you glad spring has finally come?
Of course. This past winter was long and unusually cold–I froze my gluteus maximus during that cold spell towards the end of January. Fortunately, there were no monster blizzards in my hometown. I’m at the age in which I am too old to shovel snow.
2. But what about lawn work and the return of annoying insects.
Don’t remind me. I love lawn work about as much as a kick in the family jewels.
3. Did you get your taxes done?
Yes, thank God. With all the preparations for Easter coming up (my wife goes more ga-ga over Easter than Christmas), it is refreshing for once not having to figure numbers that would baffle Albert Einstein on April 15.
4. What about the upcoming NCAA championship basketball game?
Doesn’t excite me. It lacks a Cinderella like Loyola-Chicago or a truly great villain like North Carolina or Kentucky. At least St. Duke is not playing in this game. Even though there is supposedly no cheering in the press box, a lot of reporters were probably silently booing when the Dookies and their mega-superstar, Zion Williamson, lost to Michigan State in the Elite Eight. The constant love and attention the media has had towards St. Duke over the years has made me hate anything and everything about North Carolina including Opie Taylor, Aunt Bee, and Barney Fife.
5. What about the Chicago Cubs slow start so far in the baseball season?
The Cubs are playing like–well, the fumbling, bumbling Cubs I grew to know so well growing up in northern Illinois. Even though it is a long season, Cubs fans like me are waiting for next year or maybe the next couple of decades.
6. Which horse do you think will win this year’s Kentucky Derby?
Don’t know. I don’t follow horse racing as intensely as I did twenty years ago. I’ll know when the first nag crosses the finish line at the Derby.
7. Turning to politics, are you planning to run for president in 2020?
8. Why not?
Even though seemingly everybody but any ordinary Joe like me is running for president in the Democratic Party, I have no desire to hit the campaign trail. Besides, it’s great being king of my soapbox.
9. Since you aren’t going to be the next Commander in Chief, where will you being going on vacation this year?
Don’t know. I’ll have a better idea around Memorial Day.
10. Do you have spring fever?
Of course. And I will probably have summer fever as well.
Joe’s Maybe Memorable Quote of the Day
Life always seem to be more of a question than an answer.